Caring for the LouVelo community.
The health and safety of the LouVelo community is our top priority. With recent news around coronavirus (COVID-19), we know you may have questions about how we can all do our part to keep the community healthy. We want to share the actions we’re taking to help protect you — and what you can do to help.
What LouVelo is doing
- Closely monitoring the situation and taking action. We're following updates on COVID-19, including guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health officials. We'll continue to take actions necessary to help protect the community.
- Helping with prevention. We’re aggressively increasing our cleaning protocols. LouVelo will disinfect high-contact surfaces on bikes each time they arrive in our depot. At the start of each shift, associates will disinfect high-contact surfaces on vans used to transport vehicles. We will continue to roll out additional actions in the coming days.
What you can do to help keep yourself healthy
- Wash your hands after riding public transportation - trains, buses, and bikeshare.
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, touched public surfaces, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If you can’t wash your hands with soap and water, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth if you have to cough or sneeze, and wash or sanitize your hands as soon as you can.
The CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO) are updating their sites with the latest information.
Thank you for being a part of the LouVelo community.